Virginia Estate and Trust Planning Lawyers
At Hale Ball Carlson Baumgartner Murphy, PLC, you will find comprehensive estate planning guidance for individuals and families of all ages. Our lawyers are committed to utilizing their decades of experience and providing you with the representation you deserve to ensure that your estate is protected and not left intestate. Whether you are seeking assistance in drafting your first will or seeking knowledgeable guidance in intergenerational estate planning and asset preservation, our accomplished northern Virginia estate planning attorneys can help. Our attorneys can assist clients in multiple areas of Virginia, including Annandale.
COMPREHENSIVE APPROACH TO ESTATE PLANNING
When you work with our firm, you can be sure that your individual or family estate plan is completely customized to your changing needs and long-term goals.
The experienced legal team at our firm helps clients realize their goals and protect their loved ones, using documents such as:
- Wills – This legal document is used to keep your loved ones and estate protected once you pass away. It serves as a written set of instructions that reflects your last wishes and who you want your property distributed to. By creating this legal document with a Virginia will and trust attorney, you can better prepare for the future and make sure that your last wishes are adhered to.
- Trusts – This type of legal document is used to keep your valuable assets protected. Our legal team can help you understand your options and create the Trust that best suits your needs. Now is the time to establish a Trust that protects your assets and holds them for the benefit of your family members and loved ones (even pets). Speak with a trust attorney for help.
- Trust Administration – Trust administration is a process that is handled by an appointed Trustee. The Trustee is held responsible for managing the assets in the Trust and making sure that they are properly distributed to the beneficiaries. A northern Virginia attorney can guide you through the process and make sure that you accurately perform your Trustee duties.
- Powers of Attorney – By creating a power of attorney, you are making things easier for both you and your loved ones. This legal document appoints someone to make important decisions for you if you become unable to do so. If you become incapacitated, a power of attorney immediately puts someone in charge of your decisions and eliminates your family from having to go through the lengthy court process.
- Estate Tax Planning – No matter how big or how small your estate in northern Virginia may be, it is always beneficial to discuss your tax options with a qualified estates lawyer. Our legal team can provide you with extensive and up-to-date knowledge in the law and help you best protect your money and estate. Contact us to speak with an estates attorney.
- Estate Planning for Second Marriages – If you are getting remarried, whether because of divorce or the death of your spouse, it is important to update your estate plan and consider a premarital agreement. This allows you to feel more at ease in knowing that your current spouse is included in your estate plan and that your future is more accurately prepared. We offer estate planning services in multiple areas, including Annandale and Burke.
Pet Trusts – If you become disabled or pass away, we understand the importance of keeping your pets safe and well-protected. By creating a pet trust with an experienced estate planning attorney, you are given the chance to leave money behind for the proper care and safety of your loving and very loyal companion.
EXPERIENCED ESTATE PLANNING GUIDANCE IN NORTHERN VIRGINIA
In the documents we prepare for our clients, we aim to minimize court costs, legal fees, and taxes through smart estate tax planning. We also address guardianship and inheritance management issues to families with young children. As an experienced law firm, we handle a wide range of legal issues and are determined to spot potential issues in your estate plan and create documents that address those issues.
We offer knowledgeable guidance for executors and heirs throughout the probate and estate administration process and in trust administration. Our legal team is available to advise executors and trustees.
Whether you are just getting started or have existing documents that need to be reviewed and updated, one of our probate lawyers can meet with you and discuss what works best for you and your family. You value your family and your estate; we can help you protect both.
Contact Hale Ball Carlson Baumgartner Murphy, PLC to arrange a consultation!
ESTATE PLANNING – CITIES WE SERVE
Since 1980 the AV-rated law firm of Hale Ball has served the legal needs of individuals and businesses. Our team of attorneys include lawyers named to Super Lawyer and Rising Star lists, as well as attorneys with advanced legal degrees, specialty certifications and lawyers who teach their areas of practice to other lawyers.
Use the contact form on this page to schedule a consultation, or call 703-591-4900.
The transmission and receipt of information contained on this website, in whole or in part, or communication with the Hale Ball via the Internet or e-mail through this website does not constitute or create a lawyer-client relationship between this firm and any recipient.
10511 Judicial Dr
Fairfax, VA 22030