Jean Galloway Ball is a partner at Hale Ball who for the past twenty-nine years has focused her practice on life-care and estate planning for all ages, elder law, special needs planning for disabled adults, guardianship/conservator proceedings, probate, trust administration and related fiduciary litigation, including contested guardianships, protection of vulnerable adults from financial exploitation, will and trust contests, requests for accountings from agents and trustees, and elective share claims.
Ms. Ball is certified in Elder Law by the National Elder Law Foundation This certification is predicated on demonstrated knowledge and experience in numerous areas of law relevant to senior citizens and disabled persons. She Chairs the Steering Committee for the Council of Advanced Practitioners (CAP) of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA) and is a member of the Academy of Special Needs Planners. She has been elected a Fellow of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys. She is a past two-term President of the Virginia Academy of Elder Law Attorney.
Ms. Ball has been AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell for over twenty years, since 2000. She has been named a “Super Lawyer” in the field of elder law every year since 2007. She was named Lawyer of the Year for the Washington, D.C. area in elder law for 2020 by Best Lawyers.
- Bar Admissions
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- Professional Associations & Memberships
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- Council of Advance Practitioners of NAELA
- Virginia Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Academy of Special Needs Planners
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Fairfax Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Litigation and Estates and Trusts Section
- Virginia Women Attorneys Association
- Honors & Awards
- Fellow, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Super Lawyer in Elder Law 2007 – 2020
- Lawyer of the Year in Elder Law for 2020, Best Lawyers
- “AV” Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell since 2000
- Representative Cases
- Estate of Parfitt v. Parfitt, 277 Va. 333, 672 S.E.2d 827 (2009)
- Dowling v. Rowan, 270 Va. 510, 621 S.E.2d 397 (2005)
- Andrews v. Creacey, 56 Va. App. 606. 696 S.E.2d 218 (2010)
Since 1980, the AV-rated law firm of Hale Ball has served the legal needs of individuals and businesses. Our team of attorneys include lawyers named to Super Lawyer and Rising Star lists, as well as attorneys with advanced legal degrees, specialty certifications and lawyers who teach their areas of practice to other lawyers.
Use the contact form on this page to schedule a consultation, or call 703-591-4900
The transmission and receipt of information contained on this website, in whole or in part, or communication with the Hale Ball via the Internet or e-mail through this website does not constitute or create a lawyer-client relationship between this firm and any recipient.
*John C. Hale and Robert B. Baumgartner are Senior Members of Hale Ball.
10511 Judicial Dr
Fairfax, VA 22030