Child Support Enforcement Attorneys in Northern Virginia
Legal Representation in High-Conflict Child Custody Disputes
At Hale Ball, one of our primary areas of practice is representing parents involved in high-conflict child custody disputes.
Our lead attorneys have significant legal experience and bring a skilled focus on litigating family law cases in and around Northern Virginia. We are a division of the well-established and AV-rated* law firm of Hale Ball Carlson Baumgartner Murphy PLC.
Primary Factors Used to Determine Child Custody
In the broadest possible terms, child custody and visitation arrangements must be crafted in the best interests of the child. This standard, “the best interests of the child,” is vague and allows a judge a lot of discretion in making rulings regarding child custody and visitation.
Some of the considerations include:
- Which parent has been the primary caregiver thus far?
- What type of child custody arrangement will have the best chance of preserving each parent’s relationship with the child? Are there any grandparent’s or father’s rights issues?
- If the parents live in different geographical areas, where has the child established family ties? Which location offers the child the best educational opportunities?
- If the child has special medical needs, which parent is better equipped to manage the child’s medical and educational care?
- Is there truth to any charges of substance abuse that have come up during the divorce proceedings? If so, are there rehabilitation programs that would allow the parent to continue a supervised relationship with the child?
Expert Witnesses in Child Custody Disputes
At Hale Ball, our lawyers frequently call upon the help of expert witnesses to help us build a strong proposal in child custody disputes. Forensic experts including psychologists, psychiatrists, and professional child custody evaluators help us make a strong recommendation to the court regarding child custody — one that is founded on the opinions of experts in their fields.
If you have a question, we encourage you to schedule a confidential consultation with one of our Northern Virginia lawyers. To make an appointment call us at the above telephone number 1-703-591-4900 or use the contact form below.
Since 1980 the AV-rated law firm of Hale Ball has served the legal needs of individuals and businesses. Our team of attorneys include lawyers named to Super Lawyer and Rising Star lists, as well as attorneys with advanced legal degrees, specialty certifications and lawyers who teach their areas of practice to other lawyers.
Use the contact form on this page to schedule a consultation, or call 703-591-4900.
The transmission and receipt of information contained on this website, in whole or in part, or communication with the Hale Ball via the Internet or e-mail through this website does not constitute or create a lawyer-client relationship between this firm and any recipient.
10511 Judicial Dr
Fairfax, VA 22030