Attorney Dana J. Carlson, a principal in the firm, has been in practice since 1981. Mr. Carlson joined the firm as an Associate after completing law school, became a member in, and has remained with the firm throughout his 39-year legal career. His current practice is comprised primarily of equitable distribution, spousal and child support, and custody cases. He has litigated throughout his career in all Northern Virginia courts including the Court of Appeals of Virginia and the Supreme Court of Virginia.
Attorney Carlson addresses his client’s needs from the perspective of assessing alternative means for dispute resolution, referring clients for personal financial planning and tax advice as well as directing clients, if needed, to a variety of outside quality counseling resources.
Attorney Carlson is actively involved in community service organizations, bar activities, and religious activities.
HALE BALL MURPHY, PLC is proud to be passionate about its ethics and forging connections with other ethical attorneys around the world. This includes our membership with LawPact, a non-profit organization and association of business law firms located across the globe. If you would like to speak to any of our attorneys, contact us today.
- Virginia, 1981
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- 50% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Wiese v. Wiese, 46 Va. App.399; 617 S.E.2d 427 (Record No. 2251-04-4, Court Of Appeals Of Virginia 2005)
- Wiese v. Wiese, 2005 Va App. Lexis 322 (Record No. 2251-04-4, Court Of Appeals Of Virginia 2005)
- Massa v. Massa, 2004 Va. App. Lexis 129 (Record No. 0843-03-4, Court Of Appeals Of Virginia 2004)
- Hartingh v. Hartingh, 55Va. Cir. 455; 2000 Va. Cir. Lexis 405 (Chancery No. 164698, Circuit Court Of Fairfax County, Virginia 2000)
- Lynch v. Lynch, 1997 Va. Cir. Lexis 602 (Chancery No. 143989, Circuit Court Of Fairfax County, Virginia)
- Lang v. Lang, 1997 Va. App. Lexis 219 (Record No. 2193-96-4, Court Of Appeals Of Virginia 1997)
- Lint v. Lock, 1995 Va. Cir. Lexis 1426 (Chancery No. 140250, Circuit Court Of Fairfax County, Virginia 1995)
- Donnell v. Donnell, 20 Va. App. 37; 455 S.E.2d 256 (Record No. 2047-93-4, Court Of Appeals Of Virginia 1995)
- Donnell v. Donnell, 1995 Va. App. Lexis 280 (Record No. 2047-93-4, Court Of Appeals Of Virginia 1995)
- Leisge v Leisge, 224 Va. 303; 296 S.E.2d 538; 1982 Va. Lexis 296 (Record Nos. 810705, 820572, Supreme Court Of Virginia 1982)
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Fairfax Bar Association, Member
- Loudoun County Bar Association, Associate Member
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Christian Legal Society, Member
- Delta Theta Phi, Member
Honors and Awards
- Best Lawyers in Virginia
- Super Lawyers
- Washington, D.C., Top Lawyers
Since 1980, the AV-rated law firm of HALE BALL MURPHY, PLC has served the legal needs of individuals and businesses. Our team of attorneys include lawyers named to Super Lawyer and Rising Star lists, as well as attorneys with advanced legal degrees, specialty certifications and lawyers who teach their areas of practice to other lawyers.
Use the contact form on this page to schedule a consultation, or call 703-591-4900
The transmission and receipt of information contained on this website, in whole or in part, or communication with the HALE BALL MURPHY, PLC via the Internet or e-mail through this website does not constitute or create a lawyer-client relationship between this firm and any recipient.
*John C. Hale and Robert B. Baumgartner are Senior Members of HALE BALL MURPHY, PLC.
10511 Judicial Dr
Fairfax, VA 22030
We will use the information you provide on this form to connect and schedule a consultation with you to go over your legal needs. The transmission and receipt of information contained on this website, in whole or in part, or communication with the HALE BALL MURPHY, PLC via the Internet or e-mail through this website does not constitute or create a lawyer-client relationship between this firm and any recipient.